Friday, October 6, 2017

Faux Epoxy Embellishments (MIM #298)...


Betsy Veldman is the host for this week's Make It Monday #298: Faux Epoxy Embellishments, where she shows us how to use die-cuts and embossing powder to make faux looking embellishments. I think I tried this several years ago, but it's always nice to have a refresher course!

I picked the dove from Christmas Faith, die-cut it in Vintage Cream card stock and stamped it with Pure Poppy ink. I brushed Versamark ink on top, sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and melted it. I repeated this process two more times. I die-cut the dove 2 more times and stacked and glued them together. 

On Kraft card stock, I stamped the branches along the left side in Olive Twist, Spring Moss and Prairie Grass inks. The string and sentiment are stamped in Dark Chocolate ink. I mixed white paint with a little water and flicked it on the panel, with the intent to make it look like falling snow.

I used the To The Point Edgers on the panel and placed it on an Olive Twist card stock card base. The star is die-cut in gold foil and is stacked on top of two die-cuts for dimension. To finish things, I added some jute around the top of the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Christmas Faith, Holiday Greens
  • Paper:  PTI Olive Twist, Kraft, Vintage Cream, Luxe Gold Adhesive
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Olive Twist, Prairie Grass; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Christmas Faith, To The Point Edgers, Star Scribbles
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Jute; White Paint; Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

6 comments:

  1. Love your dove decked out in red and the gold star! They "pop" off the card with your soft background. Congrats on the win over at MFT!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest card, Lainey! Each part of your design adds something to the peaceful setting. I'm putting the edger dies back on my purchasing list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to your blog to comment on the lovely Holiday card you created for this week's MIM that landed in my e-mail Inbox, Lainey, but I read the comment about your win over at MFT - a HUGE congrats! Now back to your card ... love the "snowy" BG and how your bird looks like he's decorating his Christmas tree. Wish I could see the glossy red bird better, but from your description, I can only imagine it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card Lainey! Very simple but oh so eye catching...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Your layout and color choices are perfect. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lainey, your wintry card is beautiful with all your added touches. You always make me wish I bought certain sets when I see your awesome cards, and today is no exception. Also, saw you won at MFT (my comment was right after yours). Congratulations and have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!