Friday, November 4, 2011

MIM #39: Multi-stamp Background Building

For this week's PaperTrey Make It Monday, Nichole showed us how easy it is to create your own custom background pattern paper using multiple stamps.  I've been doing this off and on for a while now and have to admit, it's a lot of fun, very satisfying and looks great!

I used Autumn Rose for the card base and topped it with a layer of Stamper's Select White. I stamped the mittens, and instead of coloring them with Copics, used rose, green and silver chalk, going out of the lines around the gloves and smudging it a bit. Next I stamped silver snowflakes and added silver Stickles to the mittens and snowflakes.  I stamped the "let it snow" and layered it on a scalloped, green circle.  The card still needed something else, so I added little pink snowflake swirls from Tag-its #8 and a little green and white twine.  My background was completed with 3 different stamps!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Tremendous Treats: Holiday, Holiday Treats, Tag-its #8
  • Paper:  PTI Autumn Rose, Stamper's Select White
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
  • Other:  Stickles, Chalk, Twine
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. so cute and love the colors! What a fun hop it’s been! Thanks for joining me today on the Handmade Holiday Blog Hop! I really appreciate your visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!