Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Birthday - Quatrefoil

I've had PTI's Quatrefoil die for a while and really haven't used it much.  Then I saw Nichole use their new Hexagon Cover Plate on her blog using the popped out die cuts and wanted to try it myself with the Quatrefoil.

I ran the Quatrefoil die through my Grand Calibur machine and popped out the inserts.  I decided to use 4 colors to stamp them with:  Aquatic Splash, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe and Pearlescent Beige.  But first I had to figure out how I wanted to line up the inserts on the card which took a little bit of thinking.  Once I decided on the design, I used my Banner Builder stamp set to stamp the patterns on the die cuts - who knew that set had so many to choose from!

I started with a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" cardstock and used the Quatrefoil frame as a guide to line up the die cuts, adhering each one with a bit of Scor-tape.  I trimmed the frame to 4.0" x 5.25" and placed it on Aqua Mist cardstock for the card base. 

I stamped "happy birthday" on another piece of Aqua Mist and adhered it on foam tape for dimension.  I really love how this card turned out!  Happy Birthday AnnK!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Banner Builder, Think Big Favorites #12
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, White Stamper's Select
  • Tools:  PTI Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die
  • Other:  Foam Tape; Scor-Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
  •  Use What I Have:  Quatrefoil Die!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!