Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

My friend Jill gave me this tie pattern paper a few months ago and I knew I wanted to use it for Father's Day.  Plus, I had a tie die from PTI that would go perfectly with the paper!

I used Aqua Mist for the card base and layered the tie pattern paper on top, rounding the right hand corners on each.  I diecut 5 ties (from paper scraps) to match the colors in the paper and mounted them on coaster for support.  I placed the ties on foam tape for dimension and adhered them to the card.  They looked a little plain so I added a crystal "tie-tac" to each one.

The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock.  And the last step was adding my usual "manly" jute to the spine.  Happy Father's Day, Dad!


Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Masculine Motifs
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, New Leaf; Jillibean "Macho Nacho Soup"
  • Tools:  PTI Tie Die; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Crystals; Jute; Foam Tape; PTI Coaster
  • Card Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!