Saturday, May 4, 2013

sending birthday wishes

I haven't been using my Copics very much lately and was in the mood to color today.  And I haven't used this vase set in a while either!  I started out by stamping the flower image onto white cardstock and colored it.  I used the colors in the flowers to pick out the cardstock I wanted to use.

I took a piece of Spring Moss cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug using my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  Next, I cut out the scalloped circle in the Spring Moss and placed it on a layer of Summer Sunrise cardstock and cut a standard circle in the middle of the Summer Sunrise.  I placed the flower image centered behind the Summer Sunrise circle.  Make sense?

I thought why not, so I also die-cut where the sentiment is, using a tag trio die to cut the shape.  I stamped the sentiment and adhered the layering to the white card base.  Final steps were tying Marigold twine around the bottom and adding a little bit of glitter to the flowers.  I really like the colors in the flowers and vase!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Autumn Abundance, Everyday Button Bits
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Copics:  YG91, YG93, YG95, Y21, Y35, Y38, YR21, YR65, E08, E40, E42, E44, B0000, B95
  • Tools:  Standard & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Twine; Martha Stewart Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!