Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday

It's hard to believe it's May already!  The Spring weather has been really nice here, but it won't be long and it will be hot and humid.  Yuck!

I saw this card on Betsy Veldman's blog last year and when someone asked me to make a card for a 2 year old, I knew this was the perfect card to make!

I used white cardstock for the card base and added a layer of Spring Rain that I embossed with clouds.  I die-cut the airplane, colored it with Copics and placed it on the card with foam tape for dimension.  I die-cut additional clouds in white and added them to the sky.

I stamped "happy birthday Eddie" to help personalize the card.  Since he's turning 2, I die-cut the 2 and placed it on another cloud.  I attached the plane and added twine on the tail, connecting it to the cloud.

It still needed something else so I die-cut the stars, placing them on the two ends of the card.  This is such an adorable card....thank you for the idea Betsy!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Fly Away, 2012 Birthday Tags; JustRite Times New Roman 15 Pt.
  • Paper:  PTI Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Memento Love Letter
  • Tools:  PTI Fly Away Die, Heart-2-Heart #6 Die, Alpha Block Numbers Die, Clouds 1 & 2 Collection Die, Stars Border; Darice Clouds Embossing Folder
  • Other:  Copics; Twine; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!