Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp-a-faire: Challenge #1 Faux Frescoes

The challenge is to create a project that features some sort of "faux fresco".  Luckily, I just received a jar of embossing paste and used it for this card.  This is my first time using embossing paste...and what have I learned?

#1 - it takes a long time to dry
#2 - probably smart to wait until it dries completely before stamping on it
#3 - if you don't put it on thin enough, it really makes the card feel heavy
#4 - it's easier to work with than I thought it would be
#5 - it adds a really nice texture to the card!

I started with a piece of white cardstock and spread the embossing paste over it.  I used my heat gun to help dry it...not sure if that was smart to do or not.  I was originally going to stamp flowers on it, but since it's cooler today it feels like Fall weather so I pulled out my Leaf Prints stamp set.  I thought the paste was dry and started to stamp the leaves on it in dark green ink, only to find it wasn't completely dry.  Oops! 

I placed the finished panel on a layer of Dark Chocolate cardstock and adhered it to a Kraft cardstock card base.  I die-cut the banner in Kraft and stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink, placing it on foam tape.

I like the way it turned out and definitely will be using embossing paste again in the future.


And a close-up of the texture:

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Leaf Prints, Keep It Simple:  Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Dark Chocolate; Memento Olive Grove
  • Tools:  PTI Sketched Shapes Die
  • Other:  Embossing Paste; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Lainey! The texture is wonderful with the leaves. Thank you so much for joining in the fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lainey this is lovely! My favorite card so far! I will be CASEing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!