Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stamp-a-faire: Challenge #10 Vintage Patterns

Seeing the card Betsy made with all the colors reminds me of tablecloths I used to see in my grandmother's house.  In fact, I just found several of them in her house while cleaning out some of the drawers.  Bright colors and lots of patterns was the style. 

For my "tablecloth" I used Lovely Layers stamps for the main focus of the card, using Hibiscus Burst ink.  I found the center of the card and stamped the first flower in the middle and lined the rest of the flowers up the best I could.

Next, I added dotted lines around the flowers in Cantaloupe ink.  I thought these lines looked a little bit like stitched lines.  I added the circles with the X in the middle, again to make it look like a stitch.  Each flower has a clear gem in the center.

I didn't want to take away from the pattern of the card and used one of my Building Blocks dies for the sentiment, stamping it in black ink and placing it on foam tape.  The panel was adhered to a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base.  I really do enjoy making my own stamped backgrounds!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Lovely Layers, Bountiful Banners, Buttons & Bits, Birthday Basics
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Hibiscus Burst; Memento Cantaloupe, Tuxedo Black, Tangelo; VersaMagic Turquoise Gem
  • Tools:  PTI Building Blocks Die
  • Other:  Gems; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. Love. This is one of my favorite stamp sets and you used it well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this! Awesome job with the challenge! I was thinking this stamp set would be perfect for this technique and you proved it to be so!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!