Monday, June 22, 2015

Feel Better Soon

I was in the mood to do another quick card, but wanted to use watercolor.

I started with a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper - I prefer this brand because the paper is a bright white rather than ivory, like most other watercolor paper. I inked up the butterflies, spritzed them with water and stamped them on the paper. 

The sentiment is stamped in black ink. I got creative and drew the lines around the edge of the paper using a thin black marker.  To add a little more interest, I flicked some of the ink onto the image. The watercolor panel is adhered to a white cardstock card base. I like the way this turned out! 

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Beautiful Butterflies, Keep It Simple: Get Well
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Tim Holtz Watercolor
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon, Shabby Shutters, Picked Raspberry; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other:  Black Marker; Water
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!