I can't stop using these elephants because they are so cute!!!
First, I die-cut the three elephants and colored them with Copics. I added a little pink chalk to their cheeks and ears instead of using a marker. Next, I die-cut the three balloons in Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz and Lemon Tart, adding Will's name, the sentiment and a 3 (for his third birthday). The 3 is die-cut three times in Hawaiian Shores, stacked and glued together. I really like stacking and gluing for dimension!
I wanted a white edge to show around the card so I masked around the square with masking tape. Using distress ink, I blended Peacock Feathers for the sky and Shabby Shutters for the grass. I stamped the blades of grass in black ink and went over them with Peeled Paint distress ink to show a variation in color. When I was done, I peeled off the masking tape and the edges looked so white and beautiful! lol
The panel is on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base. I placed the elephants on foam tape, adding their little hats and bow tie. I attached crochet thread for the balloon strings and adhered the balloons with foam tape. I need to use this white border technique more often!
Card Details:
- Stamps: WPlus9 Unforgettable
- Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select, Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Tart
- Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copics: BG23, BG49, RV17, Y21, W1, W3
- Dies: PTI Block Alpha Numbers; WPlus9 Unforgettable; Memory Box Alphabet Soup
- Other: Foam Tape; Crochet Thread; Chalk
- Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!