Shaker cards are still very popular, thank goodness, because I'm a little behind with this trend. I only made a couple of them - I don't know why because they're not very hard to do and make an impressive looking card.
I used a layer of Lemon Tart Stripes pattern paper over a white cardstock card base, rounding the bottom corners. I die-cut Phrase Play #5 in white cardstock and stamped birthday in black ink. I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the opening with scor-tape and also placed foam tape around the opening, making sure there were no gaps.....I don't want anything to fall out! I left an opening at the top for the sequins.
I picked out sequins in various colors (clear, lemon drop, lemon meringue, pink blush, fresh mint) and shapes (gold stars) and put them in the opening at the top, shaking them to the bottom and then sealing the top. I added white crochet twine around the card to finish it.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Phrase Play #5
- Paper: PTI Lemon Tart Stripes, White Stampers Select
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: PTI Phrase Play #5
- Tools: Corner Rounder
- Other: Foam Tape; Pretty Pink Posh Sequins; Crochet Twine
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!