Friday, November 27, 2015

Dashing Through The Snow (MIM #232)

I really like using white ink on Kraft, so this week's Make It Monday #232 - Layered Stamping on Kraft by Dawn McVey was calling my name.

I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock and stamped the sleigh in white ink. After it dried, I stamped it again with Blueberry Sky ink, slightly overlapping it just enough so you can see a trace of white. I made the snow along the bottom of the sleigh by rubbing white ink with a dauber. After I had the design I wanted, I pounced the dauber on top to make it look like the snow is being kicked up by the horse and sleigh.

I stamped the sentiment in Blueberry Sky and added the snowflakes. I placed the panel on fun foam and onto a Blueberry Sky cardstock card base. To add a bit of sparkle, I dabbed a little silver Stickles on the bigger snowflakes.

I like the look of this - it almost looks like a vintage style card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI In The Meadow
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Blueberry Sky
  • Ink:  PTI Blueberry Sky, Fresh Snow
  • Other:  Stickles; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. This turned out SO pretty Lainey! I've seen a few people use blue for this technique, and never would have thought to use that color, but I am absolutely loving it! You created a beautiful winter wonderland scene with this card...stunning! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous winter scene that 'pops' and really stands out. Love the snow effect and the blue on the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Marcia! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!