Thursday, November 19, 2015

Seasons Greetings (MIM #231 Motif Building)

This week's MIM #231 Motif Building by Betsy Veldman looked like a lot of fun. She makes everything look so simple to do! Well, maybe for her...lol...but it took me a while to pick out the stamps and the colors to use for this card. I'm still in holiday mode, especially since the radio station started playing Christmas carols today, so naturally I'm making another holiday card!

On white cardstock I started with the snowflake in the middle, stamped in Scarlet Jewel ink and added the trees in Ocean Tides ink around it. Next, I added the little gingerbread man in Pure Poppy ink.

To continue to build outward, I added the stars in Scarlet Jewel ink on the tree tops and the tiny snowflakes in Aqua Mist ink around the gingerbread man. The sentiment is stamped in Ocean Tides ink and the panel adhered to an Ocean Tides cardstock card base.

At the last minute I decided to add the bows in the corners and clear gems to the center and points on the snowflake. This was a fun technique and I hope to use it again soon!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Tinsel & Tags, Snowflake Serenade, O'Tannenbaum, Keep It Simple: Seasons Greetings, Snowflake Sparkle, Holiday Treats
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Ocean Tides
  • Ink:  PTI Ocean Tides, Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy
  • Other:  Gems
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! The combination of ocean tides and pure poppy look great on your trees and gingerbread men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - love how the Christmas trees reach out and become almost a bigger snowflake. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, what a great holiday card! The placement of each part is perfectly done! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this is another great card .. !! I really like this card . It just picks up the essence of Christmas very cute thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love all the different stamps you used for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too cute...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty motif, the alternating shapes made a lovely star! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card, and combination of images, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very festive! The gingerbread men made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!