For this card, I decided to use the "Bokeh" technique I see on a lot of cards. Bokeh is supposed to give a blurred effect.
On watercolor paper, I wet the paper with water and used purple and blue paints to fill in the entire panel. After it dried, I placed a circle stencil over the top and randomly filled in some of the circles with white ink. It's really hard to see them in the photo, but if you look close enough, you'll see them! I like how the blue and purple blended together so nicely.
Once it was dried, I stamped the sentiment in the center in black ink. I placed the panel on a white cardstock card base and added light purple ribbon.
Card Details:
- Stamps: WPus9 Strictly Sentiments 5
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select; 140# Watercolor
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Colorbox Frost White
- Tools: Colorbox Rounded Stencil
- Other: Crayola Watercolor Paint; Ribbon
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I wish I could see the card IRL, Lainey, as I love the Bokeh technique (I do see some circles). Wonderful blend of colours and I especially like the light/dark elements for the blue & purple paints you used.
ReplyDelete