Another week and time for a new technique. This week's Make It Monday #243 Ink Blending Over Heat Embossing is hosted by Danielle Flanders. Danielle shows us how to emboss something and rub ink over it for an emboss resist look.
I started with a piece of white cardstock and stamped the happy birthday swirl in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it. I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and Limeade Ice inks to get the blended look. I used a stitched circle to cut it out, placed it on foam tape and adhered it to a piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock.
I stamped a few stars in Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and Limeade Ice inks. The balloon is die-cut in Limeade Ice cardstock and stamped in coordinating ink. The balloon is also on foam tape for dimension. The balloon string is die-cut in white cardstock. The entire panel is adhered to a Tropical Teal cardstock card base.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Script Swirls: Birthday, Balloon Bash, Star Scribbles
- Paper: PTI Tropical Teal, Fresh Snow Linen, Limeade Ice, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice; Versamark
- Dies: PTI Balloon Bash, Balloon Strings; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Cute as can BE! I love this card so much!
ReplyDeleteDanielle
Simply beautiful and the colors are so soothing! I almost bought that stamp. Love your card, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card, Lainey - happy colour choices, and I love the little bit 'o green sponged on the stitched circle diecut ;-)
ReplyDeleteCute and happy card. Makes you want to get old so you can have a party :)
ReplyDeleteGreat card Lainey! I got that stamp set too but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I love how you did it with the ink blending over the embossed swirl...very cool looking! :0)
ReplyDeleteJust reading everyone's comments, and agree with all! My order just arrived, and have yet to use this set. so glad I got it now that I see your darling card. Love the one floating balloon!
ReplyDeleteLove the circle sentiment and the stitched circle. The balloon and stars give your card a whimsical effect!!
ReplyDeleteOoh, Lainey, the Limeade Ice blended around your circle really adds to the overall color combo of your card. Love the design also!
ReplyDeleteAwww! this card is so sweet! I love the color combo!
ReplyDeletePatti
Your card turned out beautifully. Love this...
ReplyDeleteLove your colours! What a fun card!
ReplyDeleteFun card with such happy colors!
ReplyDeletethat swirl looks fab with the ink blending
ReplyDelete