I have to admit I had a hard time trying to like something in the inspiration photo. I didn't like the colors used, especially the grey background! Then I looked and saw the flowers and the leaves, the stitching and read about how paper and stitching were used together. And then I knew what I wanted to do.
On a piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock, I stamped the leaves in Spring Moss ink. With a hat pin, I poked holes in the paper where I wanted the stitches to go. Using 3 strands of light green embroidery thread, I backstitched the branches and part of the leaves. I added the French knots, using 3 strands of pale yellow thread.
The Stitched Pinked Edge Label was die-cut in Spring Moss cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and placed it on foam tape. I placed the panel on fun foam and adhered it to a Spring Moss cardstock card base.
This was challenging for me but I'm happy with the way the card turned out. Inspiration is "the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative". This is what the photo inspired me to do.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Harvest Berries, Beautiful Butterflies
- Paper: PTI Spring Moss, Fresh Snow Linen
- Ink: PTI Spring Moss; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: PTI Stitched Pinked Edge Label Collection
- Other: DMC Floss #472 (green), #745 (yellow); Foam Tape
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Stunning Card! I might have to go buy some embroidery floss!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card Lainey! Simply stunning with the soft green colors! Love your french knots ! Hope you have a blessed Easter!
ReplyDeleteThis turned out beautifully Lainey! This stamp set was perfect for the challenge and I love the pretty green stitching and the delicate yellow french knots. A stunning card!
ReplyDeleteThis is SOOOO pretty Lainey! Absolutely love the simple color palette you used, and your stitching is just perfect! Never even thought about using this stamp set, but I absolutely love it stitched up!! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! I love the delicate stitching and those beautiful yellow knots. Perfect colors, too. Just lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour card turned out so sweet with soft colors and lovely stitching!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! this card is beautiful! really stunning. I love your delicate stitching and sweet french knots : )
ReplyDeletePatti
Such a lovely card. Great stitching and french knots.
ReplyDeleteLainey, I think the leaves looks like they're falling - much like the flowers are tumbling off/out of her skirt in the inspiration photo. I love it! Beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteLove the texture your stitching adds to your lovely card!!
ReplyDeleteYour persistence paid off as this card is stunning! So soft and elegant!
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully elegant! Love the stitch detailing and the wonderful colors!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Lainey! Your card is beautiful and your stitching is exquisite. Love how you were inspired, and love the reminder of just what inspiration is.
ReplyDeleteyou have perfect stitching. wow!
ReplyDeleteStunning! I love your stitched leaves and berries. And, how you worked it all in with the stamp too. You picked my all time favorite stamp set. (well, one of them!)
ReplyDeleteI'm speechless, Lainey! Such a beautiful card; you can tell you spent a lot of time working on it, but SO worth it - it turned out beautifully!
ReplyDeleteWow, this is truly stunning!! I'm so glad you overcame the lack of inspiration because one would never know you struggled with it. Your card is so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Just love the stitching you've done!
ReplyDeleteAwe, Lainey, you were definitely inspired by this challenge. Your green-stitched Harvest Berries and yellow French knots worked well for a sympathy/encouragement card. Love this!
ReplyDeleteLove your card and the wispiness of the leaves. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful job. I love the simplicity of the white and green.. so sweet
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the stitching!
ReplyDeleteLove this set Lainey and your card is perfect!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card - terrific stamp choice with just the right amount of stitching!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I wasn't too keen on the grey background either so I love your clean and fresh take on it. The stitching is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love how you added the stitching!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful.
ReplyDelete