This challenge is a simple technique I've used before, but it's always good to revisit. Laurie Willison hosts this week's Make It Monday #244: Score Lines, where she shows us how adding just a few or many score lines can enhance your project.
For my card, I pulled out Painted Petals again. I love this stamp set! On white cardstock, I scored four 1/4" lines at the bottom. I stamped the leaves in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks. The flower is die-cut in white cardstock and stamped in Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart and Smokey Shadow inks and on foam tape for dimension.
To fill in the card a bit, I stamped additional flowers and leaves. I placed the panel on a Lovely Lady cardstock card base, leaving some of the card base showing on the right. That seems to be my favorite way for cards right now! lol
To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment slightly above the top score line and added glitter to the large flower. Just a simple couple of lines adds a little extra to the card, don't you agree?
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Painted Petals, Keep It Simple: Encouragement
- Paper: PTI Lovely Lady, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow
- Dies: PTI Painted Petals
- Tools: Martha Stewart Score Board
- Other: Foam Tape; Glitter
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Amazing how some simple score lines add such texture and dimension to a card, especially one as lovely as this one, Lainey. Gorgeous entry for this week's MIM - the glitter is a pretty touch too!
ReplyDeleteLainey, this is so soft and pretty! Beautiful colors and just enough scorelines. Love this! Love that set but I keep spending my points when I add extra orders :)
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! I love the score lines on the base is the card. And that popped up flower is so pretty!
ReplyDeletePerfect card in every way!
ReplyDeletevery pretty
ReplyDeleteso lovely and fresh. I like the bit of pink on the right side also.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! Like the scoring lines as a final detail for your card
ReplyDeleteLove the use of the lines just under the sentiment and the colours are just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card <3
ReplyDeleteLainey, this is beautiful! Love the added tiny flowers. Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, Lainey!
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful card. I love adding just a few score lines like you did with the sentiment near by. Really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLainey, this simply beautiful. I love the pretty colors & design. Fabulous take on the MIM.
ReplyDeleteI can hardly wait to get that PTI Anniversary stamp set.
what a sweet and beautiful card
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! Love how you decided to have the score lines anchor your focal point!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful card Lainey! Love the soft colors and the scoring adds just the right touch at the bottom...love it!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLove the pink painted flower with the score lines at the bottom. Gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty and happy card! Love the colours and the placement of your score lines.
ReplyDeletePretty in pink! Love how you used the stamp set, and scoring on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely card with beautiful lines and a popped up flower!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Lainey! We chose the same flower. It was my first time using it and I was a little intimidated by how to use its shape. You rocked it big time! Love this.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, Lainey, this is beautiful. Great use of the Painted Petals and score lines with your Lovely Lady right edge.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card with your scored foundation lines! Gotta get my Painted Petals inked soon!
ReplyDelete