Color blending is very popular right now and I wanted to give it a try on an entire card front.
On white cardstock, I taped off a one inch strip with Post It Note tape and rubbed Aqua Mist ink below it. When I was done, I taped off the top of the Aqua Mist area and an inch above it and used Hawaiian Shores ink to fill in the area. I continued to use this same method on the card to add Dried Marigold, Berry Sorbet and Hibiscus Burst inks.
Sending is die-cut 3 times in white cardstock and stacked together. I stamped "get well wishes" under it in black ink. The little heart is punched in Hawaiian Shores cardstock from a border punch. The entire panel is on a piece of fun foam for dimension and adhered to a white cardstock card base.
I'm really happy with the way this one turned out!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Phrase Play #6
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst; Tim Holtz Dried Marigold; Memento Tuxedo Black
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp Sending
- Tools: Martha Stewart Heart Border Punch
- Other: Fun Foam
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Such a happy colour combination - perfect for the sentiment as it's sure to make the recipient smile. That's a LOT of sponging too - but well worth the effort, Lainey, as it's a lovely card!
ReplyDelete