This week's Make It Monday #242: Sponged Stamping is hosted by Dawn McVey. She shows us how to use a sponge to put ink directly onto stamps allowing a variegated look. A very simple technique and one I should use more often!
Using a sponge blending tool, I randomly placed Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks onto my flower stamp and stamped them on white cardstock. Can you tell where the flower is lighter and darker with the two shades of ink? The flower centers were stamped with Summer Sunrise ink and the leaves with Spring Moss ink (I didn't do the sponging technique on the centers or leaves).
"Happy" is die-cut 3 times in Spring Moss cardstock and stacked together. I stamped "anniversary" on a piece of white cardstock and placed it directly on top of the word.
The background was too stark looking so I added some faux splatters in Harvest Gold ink. I made the butterflies, stacking 4 die-cut butterflies together, which added some nice dimension. I placed a piece of Ombre Stripes pattern paper at the bottom of the panel and adhered it to a Summer Sunrise cardstock card base.
- Stamps: PTI One Big Happy; Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge
- Paper: PTI Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, White Stampers Select, Ombre Stripes
- Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow
- Dies: PTI One Big Happy
- Tools: Martha Stewart Butterfly Border Punch
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Wow, Lainey, you definitely did a wonderful job with this MIM Challenge! I love everything about this card - the colours, the images you chose to create your card, and the spotted BG using the SU set! I especially love the sentiment, with the "Anniversary" panel across the diecut - fabulous card, my friend!
ReplyDeleteYour blended flowers look great Lainey...love the soft look to them! Really like how you added the "anniversary" on top of the stacked "Happy" too...I need to remember that one! Really great card!! :0)
ReplyDeletereally pretty card
ReplyDeleteGreat card, Lainey! Your sponged flowers look great with the splattered background. Agree your white anniversary sentiment is beautifully placed atop the happy die cut.
ReplyDeleteOh I am with Marcia!! I love the addition of the word anniversary on top of your die!! Brilliant. This is a sweet sweet design!
ReplyDeletePatti
Lovely card and colors!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card!! I love the yellow flowers and the placement of the sentiment is perfect!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet card! So happy and springy!
ReplyDelete