Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Papertrey May 2016 Blog Hop Challenge...


Another month gone by and it's the 25th and time for PTI's Blog Hop. This month's challenge didn't require too much thinking for me - as soon as I saw the Popsicles I knew I was going to pull out my Summer Sweetness stamp set. That made me happy because I haven't used it for quite some time!


The first row of Popsicles in the inspiration photo is what I based my card on. I inked up my stamps, spritzed them with a bit of water and stamped them on Bristol paper. I was going to use watercolor paper but decided to go with a smoother texture. The Popsicles are stamped in Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores ink, with the sticks in Kraft ink.

The splatters were made with the same inks mixed with a bit of water and flicked onto the card with a paint brush. I just received the new Colorful Words stamp set and thought it was perfect to use on the card as it looks very similar to the font in the picture. I stamped the sentiment in a grey ink and decided against coloring it in.

Instead of centering the panel, I placed it to the left and bottom of a Limeade Ice cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Summer Sweetness, Colorful Words
  • Paper:  PTI Limeade Ice; Strathmore Bristol
  • Ink:  PTI Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Kraft; Amuse Seattle
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

25 comments:

  1. Loveliness, Lainey! Beautiful blue/green combination. Lovely layout, so sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute card Lainey! Love your bright and summery colors and how you laid it out off center too! Great card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card and your color choices are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card shouts "summer" is here! Delightful - I completely overlooked the splatters which finish your card so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color choices, the splatters...fantastic! I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card for summer days ahead! The colours you chose are so "refreshing" (makes me think of lemonade flavors LOL) and your sentiment choice is perfect for the Blog Hop inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, wow, this is a masterpiece in how to flick, Lainey!! The Popsicles are divine, but the WHOLE card is simply stunning with these colors!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and splattering! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely summer design! The popsicles look yum and I love the splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love those colours! Those popsicles look good enough to eat. Great job with the splattering too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect set for the challenge! Love your design, especially the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS card.
    It looks exactly like one of the rows of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lainey, what a darling & yummy-looking card this is. Fabulous colors & design. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Lainey! My biggest complaint about the Blog Hop is seeing all the lovely creations which "require" me to add things to my wish list. Now I want both of those stamp sets. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card - love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this in every way! Perfect for the hop,so pretty and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your citrus popsicles - except maybe the blue one is raspberry flavoured? Such a perfect summery card, Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your popsicles are wonderful, and I love how you offset your front panel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Oh oh!!! LOVE this delicious and perfectly colored card!! You make me both wanna shop! AND eat a cold ice pop! giggles

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your choice of colors and the fun splatters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!