I'm always delighted when I see an easy technique to try, and this week's Make It Monday #253: Reverse Stenciling is very easy to do. Betsy Veldman shows us how to ink up stencils with a brayer and transfer the image to cardstock.
I selected one of my Modern Backgrounds stencils and applied Hawaiian Shores and Green Parakeet inks with a brayer. I spritzed it with a bit of water, flipped it over and rubbed it onto white cardstock, filling about 3/4 of the paper. It really does have a nice, watercolor effect!
The balloon is die-cut three times in Green Parakeet cardstock and stacked together. I did the same for the balloon string in white cardstock. Celebrate is stamped in black ink. I placed the panel on a Hawaiian Shores cardstock card base, leaving a bit of the cardstock showing on the right. A bunch of sequins finished the card.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Splits: Celebrate
- Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stampers Select, Green Parakeet
- Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Birthday Style, Balloon Strings
- Tools: Brayer
- Other: PTI Modern Backgrounds Stencil; Pretty Pink Posh Sequins
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Yet another lovely MIM challenge card, Lainey - love your colour choices, and how that sentiment matches the linear pattern of the stencil.
ReplyDeleteLove this card! Love the green and blue and your reverse stenciling nailed the challenge!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and bright card! LOVE your stenciled background...those colors are fabulous together!! :0)
ReplyDeletegreat and happy fun card!
ReplyDelete