Danielle Flanders is the host of this week's Make It Monday #252: Shadowing With Copic Markers. She shows us an easy technique that adds just a little extra something to a die-cut or stamped word with the simple use of a Copic marker. I'm sure you could use any type of marker or a colored pencil as well.
I selected my Sunshine & Rainbows mini kit again for this card. I love this kit! On white cardstock, I stenciled the same 5 colors I used on my last rainbow card (posted 5/28/16) but in reverse order. Do you ever keep using the same color combinations because you like them so much? Well, this is a favorite combo for me - Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise and Berry Sorbet.
Rainbow is die-cut in Hawaiian Shores cardstock and the sentiment stamped in black ink. I wasn't sure what color to outline it with and picked a warm grey Copic, since I knew I was going to add raindrops in Soft Stone ink and thought they matched. Outlining was a little harder than I thought, I was a bit shaky doing it. I figured out it was better to just do one quick sweep of the marker rather than to do it slowly. I'll know better for next time. The last step was adding a few clouds on foam tape.
- Stamps: PTI Sunshine & Rainbows Make It Market Mini Kit
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Hawaiian Shores
- Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Soft Stone; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: PTI Sunshine & Rainbows Make It Market Mini Kit
- Other: PTI Sunshine & Rainbows MIM Mini Kit Stencils; Foam Tape; Copic W3
- Size: 5.5" x 4.25"



I like the effect of this technique - it's a lovely card, Lainey! Sadly, I have yet to use my kit, but looking at cards as wonderful as yours definitely inspires me! TFS
ReplyDeleteLovely bright and happy rainbow and sentiment, Lainey. Beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bright and happy card Lainey, and I can see why you like this color combo so much...it makes for a lovely, lovely card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLovely Lainey! I love rainbow cards.
ReplyDeleteLove your creative card, Lainey! I agree that using the Copic is a bit tricky & I'll probably stick to using cardstock, but it was fun to try!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous rainbow card, Lainey! Your shadowing looks great, too.
ReplyDelete