This week's Make It Monday #256: Spritzed Stamps is a technique that's been around, but Melissa Phillips gives it a fresh look by suggesting the use of watercolor paper and using a few ink colors on your stamp before stamping. I've done this before but never used watercolor paper and I really like the look of it!
Using a piece of watercolor paper, the flowers were stamped by first inking the stamp and then spritzing it with a bit of water. I used Bright Buttercup and Summer Sunrise inks for the large flowers, with Dark Chocolate centers. Next, I added the stems and leaves in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks, again with the spritz method.
For additional color, I stamped a few smaller flowers in Aqua Mist ink. The sentiment is stamped in black ink. My last step was running the panel through my die machine using a stitched rectangle. I placed the panel on a white cardstock card base.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Painted Petals, Tulip Time
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select; Tim Holtz Watercolor
- Ink: PTI Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangle
- Other: Water
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Beautiful card! I absolutely love your blog! Your cards are always encouraging me to keep on crafting!
ReplyDeletesuper pretty - love the yellow flowers
ReplyDeleteLainey, I LOVE your...Black Eyed Susan's? Whatever they
ReplyDeleteare, they are BEAUTIFUL! Using this technique gives them a whole new look!
GREAT job
Lainey, your Painted Petals look awesome spritzing them on watercolor paper. Can't wait to try this set myself using that technique. Your smaller Aqua Must floral clusters add that extra pop of color. Great design!
ReplyDeleteThis is so bright and cheery Lainey, and I just love the look of your flowers with the spritzed technique...lovely, lovely card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet Lainey! These flower stamps are perfect for this challenge. You can really see the detail of the water on the stamped images. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely, Lainey! Gorgeous summery card!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done! Great technique to use with these flowers! Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteOh, your card is beautiful Lainey, this is such a pretty sunflower~perfect for this technique.
ReplyDeleteLove the way your sunny blooms turned out with the spritzing technique !
ReplyDelete