Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stamp-A-Faire: Watercolor Like A Master...


This is another video I was anxious to see because Kay Miller does beautiful watercoloring! I can never seem to master this technique, but watching the video sure helped. We were asked to "create a project that features watercoloring". I try to use different stamp sets than the DT uses, but this card was so pretty I just had to try it myself. I did use different color inks!

On watercolor paper, I stamped the mums in Tropical Teal and Aqua Mist inks, putting both inks on the stamp at the same time. The leaves are stamped in Spring Moss ink. I added a few little loose leaves in Tropical Teal ink. After the panel was stamped, I took a paintbrush with water and softened all the edges and spreading the ink. It didn't look that great until it started to dry. I flicked on splatters with Tropical Teal and Spring Moss inks.

I placed the "artwork" on a Tropical Teal cardstock card base, rounding the right hand corner. The sentiment is stamped in black ink on Aqua Mist cardstock and on fun foam for dimension. I think this is my favorite card I made for SAF!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Mum's The Word, Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper:  PTI Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist; Tim Holtz Watercolor
  • Ink:  PTI Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss; Versafine Onyx Black
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!