This week's Make It Monday #255: String Art Using Die-Cuts is hosted by Amy Sheffer. This technique reminded me of the "Spirelli" trend from about 10 years ago. Luckily, I never got rid of my Spirelli punches and threads and they sure came in handy for this week's challenge. Don't they say if you wait long enough a trend will repeat? lol
I punched out the sun in Lemon Tart cardstock and wrapped gold, metallic thread around it. On white cardstock I stamped the sand in Kraft ink. Next, I masked around the edges of the card and the sand with washi tape, since I wanted a nice white border to show. Using a make-up brush, I lightly brushed on Aqua Mist ink for the sky. Let me just say that using a make-up brush to get a soft background is the way to go! I learned about this technique from Betty Wright who posted pictures of the brushes and where to buy them on her blog - Crafting With Betty. Thank you Betty!
Once the background was done, I added the umbrella in Raspberry Fizz ink, the flip-flops in Hawaiian Shores ink and the shells in Kraft ink. I stamped the sentiment and a few birds to help fill in the sky.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Day At The Beach, Sand Swatch, Birthday Classics: June, Splits: Get Well Soon; Lawn Fawn Happy Summer
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Lemon Tart
- Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft; Versafine Onyx Black
- Dies: Spirelli
- Other: Sulky Metallic Thread
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Wow, Lainey, this card is absolutely AWESOME!!! Love how you mixed the "old" with the "new" (PTI products). Perfect card for this time of year (hot, hot, HOT!!!)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME idea to use your string as sun rays...clever
ReplyDeleteFun in the sun String Art! I love this, Lainey :-) Your card is sure to make the recipient smile.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun beach card! Your string sun is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteFun, fun, fun! Love your bright and happy card Lainey, and your string art sun is fabulous! :0)
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I missed the Spirelli scene, but it's exactly the ticket for this challenge! The card turned out great.
ReplyDeleteLove your 'beachy' scene! And your string art sun is perfect! Adorable card!
ReplyDeleteSo stinkin' cute! Great take on the challenge!
ReplyDeleteLainey, your summer beach scene is fabulous and love your "stitched" sun using the gold, metallic thread. Just adorable!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card - perfect for summer! Love your sun, and I will have to check out how you created that sky!
ReplyDeleteVery cute summery card, Lainey. Great idea on that stitched sunshine. I really like how you added the background to your beach scene.
ReplyDelete