Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stamp-A-Faire: Pointillism...


To be honest, I never saw this technique done before so was delighted to see Heather's video. Our challenge is to "create a project using some form of pointillism". I don't know what made me think to use this Christmas set, maybe my brain saw pointillism and thought of poinsettias? lol

I stamped the flower in Versamark ink on white cardstock, sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. Next came the fun, filling in the flower with dots. I tried to use a pencil, but apparently old, dried up erasers don't like ink. Then I found an older stamp set, Over Under Easy that had 3 polka dots in it that worked perfectly. I stamped the flower in Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy inks with Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks in the center.

I fussy cut the flower and placed it on foam tape onto a stitched rectangle cut from Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in Pure Poppy ink and the panel is adhered to a scalloped Pure Poppy cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Year of Flowers: Poinsettias, Over Under Easy
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Fresh Snow Linen, Pure Poppy
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!