Thursday, August 25, 2016

Papertrey August 2016 Blog Hop Challenge...


One would think when I saw this month's inspiration photo that it would be easy to make something from it, right? Wrong! I'm really not thrilled with this card - I couldn't get my creative juices to function so I'm blaming it on the heat (at least that's my "current" excuse). When looking at the photo, I saw Melon Berry, white and Soft Stone colors, and even though I don't see navy like Nichole does, I included it on my card. 


On white cardstock, I stamped the leaves in Soft Stone ink. Both layers of the flowers are stamped in Melon Berry ink. The first layer was done by stamping off the ink once to get a lighter looking color and the second layer is stamped with full strength ink. I added the little dots around the flowers by doing the same thing, some are stamped with full ink and others stamped off.

I added the sentiment and flower centers in Enchanted Evening ink. The panel is placed on a Soft Stone cardstock card base. I tied white crochet thread around the top to finish the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Art With Heart, What The Doodle: Feather
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Soft Stone
  • Ink:  PTI Melon Berry, Enchanted Evening, Soft Stone
  • Other:  Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of Art with Heart and the colour scheme!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stampings of floral sprays - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I think your card is quite pretty and makes me think I need to get that stamp set out and show it some love! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I don't agree with you at all ... your card is so pretty and your interepretation of the inspiration is spot on. I have not had any success (yet) playing with Art With Heart - it's a difficult set to use. But you've made a gorgeous design with it! I need to CASE you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! Beautiful colors and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pretty blooms are a perfect take on the inspiration photo - I love how you've used the neutral stone for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so sweet! I love those pretty little flowers scattered about! Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flower sprays are gorgeous in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card--love the design using 3 floral sprays & the crochet thread!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lainey, you did a great job with your card based on the inspiration photo. Never got Art With Heart because I thought it looked intimidating but obviously not for you. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Lainey! Love those colourful floral sprays. Great take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Lainey! Love all those little blossoms! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!