Monday, November 6, 2017

Let It Snow!...

Ha, no snow in this area as our temps are above normal and could reach the 70s again this week. This is my favorite time of year but the weather has been a disappointment so far.

I just love this Snow Globe Kit from MFT and have been making quite a few cards and tags with it. For this one, I started with a piece of Kraft cardstock and die-cut the snow globe opening. I die-cut another snow globe in white cardstock, inked it with Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky inks to create a wintry sky and placed it into the Kraft opening. To create the snowy background, I used a stencil and pearlescent embossing paste over the entire front of the card. I also edged around the Kraft with white ink for more of a snowy look. 

The snowman's body is die-cut in white cardstock, his arms in Dark Chocolate, hat in True Black and nose in Orange Zest. His eyes, mouth and buttons are stamped in black ink. I added the scarf and hat band in a piece of red pattern paper and placed him on foam tape for dimension. For the background, I die-cut the snow drift in white cardstock and the trees in Green Parakeet cardstock.

The snow globe base is die-cut three times in Pure Poppy cardstock and stacked together for dimension with the sentiment heat embossed in white ink. The panel is adhered to a white cardstock card base. To finish the card I added a glitter line to the snow drift, white markings on the trees and Watermelon twine.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  MFT Snow Globe Kit; PTI Made Of Snow
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, White Stampers Select, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, True Black, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, Bitty Boxes
  • Ink:  PTI Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Fresh Snow; Versamark; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  MFT Snow Globe Kit
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil; Twine; Embossing Paste; Embossing Powder; Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Simply adorable, Lainey! Love that twine, which finishes your card off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!