Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday

And yet another Papertrey contest today - I'm determined to win something!  Today's challenge:  make a project using leaves and butterflies and at least one Papertrey product.

I used Hawaiian Shores for the card base.  I stamped Harvest Berries onto White Stamper's Select cardstock, stamping the leaves once with the full ink, and then again after stamping off the excess ink on another piece of paper.  I think the darker and lighter leaves give the image a dimensional look.  I added the berries in cantaloupe ink and used an inverted corner punch on the corners.

I stamped the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #12 onto a 3/4" strip vellum and adhered it to the back of the white cardstock with scor-tape.  I added butterflies (stamped with a little "flying" tail) and the pearls.  My final step was to adding "Caribbean" twine, a perfect match for Hawaiian Shores paper!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Harvest Berries, Think Big Favorites #12, Spiral Boquet
  • Paper:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, White Stamper's Select, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
  • Tools:  Inverted Corner Rounder, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
  • Other:  Vellum, Twine, Pearls
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
  • Use What I Have:  Haven't used Spiral Boquet for a long time and the vellum is several years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!