Papertrey Ink is having another contest today. Today's contest is to pick from 5 sketches and create a project based on it. Of course we must use at least one Papertrey product. I picked Sketch #1:
I wanted to use black, white and red as the colors for my card. I used white for the card base and topped it with a layer of Pure Poppy and a layer of Black & White Basics pattern paper. I used Tag #5 as a template to cut the tag so it would be long enough on the card.
I stamped the flower from In Bloom in red ink, adding a bit of black to the center and outlined it with a light gray to enhance it just a bit. I matted the flower on layers of True Black and Pure Poppy and adhered it on foam dots for a little dimension. My final steps were stamping the sentiment from Flower Fusion #11 and adding the Pure Poppy buttons, threaded with black and white twine and tied into a bow.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI In Bloom, Flower Fusion #11
- Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, True Black, Stampers' White Select, Black & White Basics
- Tools: PTI Tag #5, Standard Oval Nestabilities
- Other: PTI Pure Poppy Buttons; Twine, Copics
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
- Use What I Have: It's been a long time since I used Black & White Basics paper!


Love how this turned out! Very pretty!
ReplyDelete