Sunday, February 5, 2012

Look Who's Turning 2

Today's not my normal day to post, but Papertrey Ink is having a contest and the prize package is worth about $1,000!  Of course I'm entering!  The "rules" are we have to create a new project inspired by one of the design team members and use at least one Papertrey product (like that's a problem for me lol).  I had to make a birthday card for a 2 year old and one of Ashley Cannon Newell's favorites is the Banner Builder Collection dies, which is one of my favorites too.

For this card I used Lemon Tart for the card base, topped it with White Stamper's Select and a piece of Heidi Grace pattern paper, rounding the bottom corners.  I cut the banners using the Lemon Tart and White and added "Jack" using Block Alphabet and Block Alphabet Upper die collections.  I adhered the banners to a piece of Enchanted Evening twine.

I cut the "2" with a By The Numbers die, cutting it twice in Lemon Tart and blue, overlapping them for a shadow effect.  I used pinking circle nestabilities for the sentiment (made on the computer) and placed it on foam squares for a little dimension.  My last step was to add the tiny heart with the "xoxo", made with the Tiny Tags stamp set and matching Tiny Tags die. I edged around it with blue ink to soften it up a little bit and attached it with a silver brad.

Use one Papertrey product?  No problem - I used 9 !!


Card Details: 
  • Stamps:  PTI Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  PTI Lemon Tart, White Stamper's Select; Heidi Grace, Bazzill
  • Tools:  PTI Banner Builder Collection Dies, By The Numbers Dies, Tiny Tags Dies, Block Alphabet & Block Alphabet Upper Dies, Pinking Circles Nestabilities, Corner Rounder
  • Other:  PTI Enchanted Evening Twine, Brad
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!