Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pocket Card

I think this is the final day for Papertrey's February release contests.  Todays challenge:  create a project with some sort of interactive feature, using at least one PTI product.  One of today's prizes is a $500 PTI gift certificate!!  How nice would that be to win!  I decided to make a pocket card.

I used Enchanted Evening cardstock for the card base, rounding the corners.  I scored 1-1/4" from the top and folded it down.  I covered the front and lined the inside of the card with a blue/brown striped paper.  I stamped the outside sentiment from Birthday Bash Sentiments onto White Stamper's Select cardstock, layered it on Enchanted Evening and popped it up on foam tape.  I added the tan circles on the "pocket panel" and wrapped twine around the brads.

For the inside sentiment, I cut a piece of tan paper slightly smaller than the card (3-1/4" x 5-1/4"), stamped the sentiment from Birthday Basics on white and layered it onto the blue.  I folded a circle made from the striped paper on the top edge of the card and added the blue circle and brad.  This will make a nice male birthday card.  Interactive feature:  pulling out the sentiment.

This is the card closed:


And with the sentiment pulled out:

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Birthday Basics, Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Paper:  PTI Enchanted Evening, White Stamper's Select; Heidi Grace
  • Tools:  Standard Rectangle Nestabilities, Standard Circle Nestabilites; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Brads, Twine, Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!