I think this is the nicest tree stamp set out there - Stampin' Up's Lovely As A Tree. So many uses for it! For this card, I wanted to do some brayering.
First, on white cardstock, I stamped the trees in dark brown ink. Second, I masked off the top of the card using Post-It Notes, and with a brayer, rolled on two colors of orange distress ink (Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade), rolling darker and lighter for variety. Third, I masked off the bottom and rolled on green distress ink (Shabby Shutters), rolling it a little darker toward the bottom. Fourth, I used a Q-tip with Peeled Paint ink on it to highlight around the grassy mounds under the tree.
I stamped the sentiment in dark brown ink and adhered the panel to a Ripe Avocado cardstock card base. As this is a more masculine looking card, I tied jute around the spine. This really wasn't that hard to make, just a bit time consuming. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Botanical Silhouettes; Stampin' Up Lovely As A Tree
- Paper: PTI Ripe Avocado, White Stampers Select
- Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate; Tim Holtz Distress Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade
- Tools: Brayer
- Other: Post-It Notes; Q-Tip; Jute
- Card Size: 4.25"x 5.5"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!