Sunday, June 7, 2015

On Your Wedding Day (MIM #213 Cool Condensation Effects)

I wasn't planning to do this week's MIM #213: Cool Condensation Effects. I've been in the mood to play with watercolor and pulled out one of my Year of Flowers stamp sets. After it was done, I knew this technique would go well with the card.

I stamped the flowers and leaves in Versamark ink on watercolor paper, sprinkled it with Clear Zing embossing powder and heat embossed it. I wet the paper and dipped my wet brush into red and green distress inks and applied the ink to the images. The main rose has several layers of ink as I kept drying it in between layers. Is it a layer of ink.....not sure what the right term is.

After the flowers and leaves were dry, I fussy cut them and adhered them to a Vintage Cream cardstock card base that's scored every 3/8". I thought the background was too plain and this added a little texture. The main flower is on foam tape.

The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink on the new Center Style: Masculine die and placed on foam tape. I added the ribbon on the spine and rounded the corners. Then I pulled out my Glossy Accents and added them to the flowers and the leaves (they are kind of hard to see in the picture, better to see on the leaves). I think it really helped the card look a lot better (thanks Betsy!).

I'm not sure I really like this as a wedding card but it's too late now!  lol

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Year Of Flowers: Roses
  • Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream; 140# Watercolor 
  • Ink:  PTI Smokey Shadow; Tim Holtz Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters; Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Center Style: Masculine
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder; Heat Embossing Tool; Scor-Pal
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Foam Tape; Ribbon; Glossy Accents
  • Card Size:  5.25" x 5.25"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, Lainey. It's perfect for a wedding card because it's simply beautiful. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, a lovely design for a wedding! It has a romantic feel, very special!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!