Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

This month's challenge is to use the adorable shoes in this picture as inspiration. I would never put these colors together, but after making my card I really like this color combination!


I immediately thought of using one of my striped Cover Plates for the cards and selected Center Stage, cut it in Smokey Shadow cardstock and adhered to a Vintage Cream cardstock card base.

The flowers are die-cut in Vintage Cream and stamped with Tangelo ink with Smokey Shadow centers. Before I attached the flowers to the card, I used a bone folder to slightly curl the edges. The top flower is adhered with foam tape.

Celebrate is die-cut three times in Orange Zest cardstock, glued and stacked together. To finish the card, I tied seam binding around it and added glitter to the flowers.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Friendly Flowers, Reasons To Smile
  • Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, Orange Zest
  • Ink:  PTI Smokey Shadow; Memento Tangelo
  • Dies:  PTI Friendly Flowers, Cover Plate: Center Stage; Wet Paint III
  • Other:  Seam Binding; Glitter; Foam Tape
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

13 comments:

  1. Love your card! Beautiful blooms and I love the dimension of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration pic, Lainey! Love the chevron stripes bg and those pretty orange flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lainey! I love those flowers and its nice to see a ribbon and bow on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment die cut in orange. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - love that flower stamp - it looks so lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The striped cover plate is perfect for this inspiration and you used it wonderfully with all the other pretty elements, Lainey!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW....really like the stripes on the diagonal and your beautiful flowers! And your bow is like perfect...I always thought I tied a pretty good bow, but yours is well...perfect!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo one of my favorites! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The oragne "celebrate" just pops on the stripes - terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those flowers for this challenge! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!