I can't believe it's Make It Monday time again! This week's challenge is MIM #221 - Masking Sentiments (hosted by Ashley). It's hot here (90's), and I'm so ready for FALL weather and decided to pull out my Leaf Prints stamp set for this card. I wish there was a Fall chill in the air right now!
I started by placing a 2x2 inch Post-It Note paper in the middle of the card for the sentiment space. I stamped the leaves in a variety of Fall colors, making sure to stamp over the Post-It Note paper to give the illusion the leaves are behind the box.
Once I was finished stamping the leaves, I removed the Post-It Note and had a nice empty box to stamp my sentiment, which I did in brown ink. Since gold is trendy now, I added thin strips of gold stickers (anyone else have those Anita Stickers from years ago? lol) around the box.
I adhered the leaves panel to Terracotta Tile cardstock and layered both on a Kraft cardstock card base. This will be a nice masculine card for someone next month!
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Leaf Prints, Birthday Classics: September
- Paper: PTI Kraft, Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream
- Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Kraft; Memento Rich Cocoa, Tangelo
- Other: Anita Stickers; Post-It Note
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

I'm ready for Autumn too! This is a great card. Love the fall leaves.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card! Love the colors, love how you highlighted the sentiment with the gold stickers, too.
ReplyDeleteLove your card! That leaf set is the best fall set ever!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card : )
ReplyDeleteI like this one, I am so ready for all things Autumn!!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! You did a great job with the masking and I love the gold stickers outlining the sentiment
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card!! I love the colors you used and your masked sentiment with the gold trim is just perfect! I'm tired of "hot" and ready for Fall too!
ReplyDeleteYour card is stunning with its color & design! Leaf Prints is a set that I rarely use but will now!
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Love your background stamping & the gold accent around you sentiment - terrific!
ReplyDeleteLove this! And I see we must think alike, as I've used the same Leaf Prints stamps. At least I didn't copy, exactly :-P
ReplyDeleteLainey, I love it! This set never crossed my radar, but it really is extraordinary how the stamps are "speckled". It adds so much life to the leaves. After seeing your GORGEOUS card, they have become a must-have!
ReplyDelete