Sunday, August 30, 2015

Stamp-A-Faire: Make It Work Challenge


This challenge is to create a new card from pieces of reject cards or alter a card from earlier that you weren't happy with.  Well, the very first card I made yesterday for the Bridal Challenge was bugging me all day because I really wasn't happy with it.

This is the original card:


And I changed it to this:


For the revised card I started with white cardstock (getting rid of the vellum altogether) and used my Simple Stripes Impression Plate on it. You can't see the stripes that well in the picture, but they're there! I placed the striped panel on fun foam and adhered it to a white cardstock card base.

I used the same Keep It Simple Frame for the sentiment, stamping "happy wedding day" (I thought the smaller font was prettier) in Versamark and heat embossing it with silver Zing embossing powder. The frame is also on fun foam for dimension. The edge of the hearts are dipped in silver embossing powder, heat set and on foam tape.

I tied the silver edged ribbon around the card and decided to add a heart stick pin through it - idea taken from the Pins & Needles Challenge! I think this card looks so much more sophisticated than the original one and I'm much happier with it.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Keep It Simple: Wedding
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Dies:  PTI Keep It Simple Frame, Simple Stripes Impression Plate, Cover Plate: Hearts
  • Tools:  Heat Embossing Tool
  • Other:  Zing Embossing Powder; Ribbon; Heart Stick Pin; Silver Beads; Faceted Beads; Fun Foam; Foam Tape
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!