Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-A-Faire: Threads Challenge


Well, this challenge looks easy enough - we're to add a "thread nest" to a card. Laura Bassen is known for her "loosey goosey" thread nests - she makes me laugh when she calls it that.

I used my new Brushed Off stamp set for this - I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this set! On white cardstock I stamped the brushstrokes in Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy inks and rounded the corners.

Thanks is die-cut three times in True Black cardstock, stacked and glued together. Yes, I love this effect! Before I attached it to the card, I took my silver metallic thread and wrapped it around my hand a few times and let it fall onto the card. I adhered the thanks on top to help the thread stay in place.

When looking at Lauren's card, I saw she used Rainstones....yes, I have those and haven't used them yet so placed a few on the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Brushed Off
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, True Black
  • Ink:  PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy
  • Dies:  PTI Wet Paint Cuts
  • Tools:  Corner Rounder
  • Other:  PTI Rainstones; Metallic Silver Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I especially like how you arranged the brushstrokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love those brushstrokes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you offset the brushstroke stripes! It reminds me of the American Flag; all it needs is some blue stars and it'd be the perfect design alteration for Independence Day cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!