Friday, November 6, 2015

Celebrate The Season (MIM #229 Fabric Strip Christmas Trees)

I didn't think I was going to participate in this week's MIM and then remembered I had fabric from my cross-stitching days  - it must be about 15+ years old so time to use it for something else!  lol Melissa really wowed me with her video:  Make It Monday #229 Fabric Strip Christmas Trees.

I picked a light green straw and started to tie the ripped pieces of fabric and ribbon around it. This is the pattern I used: cream and beige ribbon, red snowflake print, green print, plain red and shiny green ribbon. I repeated this 3 times on the straw for a total of 15 strips.

I tied on a few of PTI's wood buttons with gold cording. The tag is cut in Vintage Cream cardstock with Antique Linen ink edged around it. I added a little strip of Pinefeather cardstock at the bottom and stamped the sentiment in the same color.

The background is Vintage Cream cardstock, embossed with Mistletoe Kisses. I rubbed Antique Linen over the top to help give it a more vintage look and placed the panel on a Pinefeather cardstock card base. To finish the tree, I die-cut a star in gold paper and placed it at the top.

I will admit, this card took me longer to make than expected, because I kept giving it a "haircut" until the tree looked perfect to me. lol  But I love the way it turned out and will give it to someone special at Christmas.

 Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Framed Out #8
  • Paper:  PTI Pinefeather, Vintage Cream
  • Ink:  PTI Pinefeather; Tim Holtz Antique Linen
  • Dies:  PTI Tremendous Tags; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Stars
  • Tools:  Cuttlebug Mistletoe Kisses Embossing Folder
  • Other:  PTI Buttons; Fabric; Ribbon; Straw; Gold Cording
  • Size:  5.0" x 7.0"

5 comments:

  1. Your tree turned out wonderful! And I love the antiqued embossed card background with it too and your sweet tag! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree Lainey! I love your fabrics and cute little tag...you will definitely light up someone's face when they receive this beauty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tree! Love your textured background and cute tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lainey! Your fabric tree looks beautiful! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!