I like it when I can get more use out of my dies, and this week's MIM #230 Cover Plate Watercoloring shows us how to do that by using cover plates as a stencil to watercolor. Ashley did a great video with this technique - her card is beautiful!
I selected my Harlequin Cover Plate and placed the negative on a piece of 140# watercolor paper. I mixed Aqua Mist refill with a bit of water and colored in the 5 rows of diamonds. When applying the ink, it looked more like Pinefeather than Aqua Mist (I guess due to the strength of how I mixed it?) so I placed it on a Pinefeather cardstock card base.
Merry is die-cut 3 times, stacked, glued together and placed on an angle. I embossed "& bright" in gold embossing powder. To show a bit more gold on the card, I added two thin strips of harlequin Washi tape on the top and bottom. It's a nice addition since the diamond pattern is vertical verses the horizontal pattern on the card.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Wonderful Words: Holiday
- Paper: PTI Pinefeather; 140# Watercolor
- Ink: PTI Aqua Mist Refill; Versamark
- Dies: PTI Harlequin Cover Plate, Wonderful Words: Holiday
- Tools: Heat Tool
- Other: Zing Embossing Powder; Little B Washi Tape
- Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

Oh, I think I'm going to do a Christmas card, too;)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO pretty! CAS and just perfect!! :0)
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful! I love the color you used!!
ReplyDelete