Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Papertrey November Blog Hop Challenge

This year I'm trying to use more non-traditional colors with my Christmas projects. So when I saw the inspiration picture for this month's Blog Hop, I had to make something. This is what we had to work with - Nichole pointing out the photo contained Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse colors.


I started with Fresh Snow linen cardstock and sponged around the edges with Hawaiian Shores ink. Next, I stamped the tree in Kraft and Simply Chartreuse inks. The tree pot is stamped in Tropical Teal and the stars on the tree in Hawaiian Shores ink. The star on top of the tree is cut in silver foil paper.

Merry Christmas is cut in Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, using the Type Strip Bit die and stamps. I stamped the Hawaiian Shores letters in Hawaiian Shores ink and the Simply Chartreuse letters in Simply Chartreuse ink and placed them a little wonky on the card. Who says sentiments have to be straight all the time?

The silver tree on the mantel in the picture reminded me I had silver Fun Fur and I tied a piece around the top. I also added silver Stickles on the tree to bring additional silver onto the card. I placed the panel on a Tropical Teal cardstock card base.

I love this color combination!

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI O'Tannenbaum, Type Strips II
  • Paper:  PTI Fresh Snow Linen, Tropical Teal, Simply Chartreuse; Silver Foil
  • Ink:  PTI Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse
  • Dies:  PTI Type Bits Strip, Star Scribbles
  • Other:  Stickles; Foam Tape; Fun Fur
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

19 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the way you created your sentiment; love the touch of tinsel...this is perfection~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet tree and the pretty block letter sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling and I love the letters for ..Merry Christmas.. Love this Lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a sweet card... love the tinsel trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, and a clever sentiment idea too.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you assembled the sentiment not straight - it reflects the garland in the inspirational photo perfectly! Lovely colours on this card, Lainey - a beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet, cute card! I love the tree and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You personified each element brilliantly, Lainey, right down to the silver Fun Fur!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great card! Cute tree and creative use of Tin Strips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so bright, fun and festive Lainey...I especially love the way you did your sentiment! Great, great card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super adorable! Love the fun sentiment and colors on your fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite trees - perfectly stamped in great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, love the sentiment and the sparkly fun fur.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Lainey! Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fabulous! Love the little line of tinsel across the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving, Lainey! Love what you did here, with the tree and block letters. So clever! And the tinsel is so perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, Lainey!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (I love this color combo, too)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun card. I love the colourful blocks you used to make your sentiment. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!