Friday, July 8, 2016

Happy Birthday...

I made this card a while ago but just gave it to the recipient  - I didn't want to post it here before she got it! This is another attempt using Altenew's Peony Bouquet, but this time with watercolor, which was easier to do than lining up the stamps!

On watercolor paper, I stamped the outline of the flower in white embossing powder and heat set it. Using Zig markers, I colored in the flower with violet and the leaves in grey, using different amounts of ink for shading.

I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added the splatters made with grey ink and a little water. At the last minute I decided to add stitching to the card and ran the panel through the Cuttlebug with a stitched rectangle. The panel was adhered to a white cardstock card base.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Botanical Silhouettes; Altenew Peony Bouquet
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select; Tim Holtz Watercolor
  • Ink:  Amuse Seattle; Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
  • Dies:  Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles
  • Tools:  Heat Tool
  • Other:  Zig Markers (80 Violet, 91 Light Grey); Zing Embossing Powder
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. The stitched edging definitely added some nice detail to this gorgeous card, Lainey. Your colour choices are fabulous and the ink splatters look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!