Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stamp-A-Faire: Gilded In Gold...


The next challenge is to "create a project featuring an element that you have gilded with gold". I didn't have any gold leaf so decided to use gold embossing powder. 

I placed my stencil over white cardstock and rubbed Versamark ink on it. Next, I sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat seat it. I placed that panel on a Pure Poppy cardstock card base, leaving the edge showing on the right.

On a stitched rectangle, I stamped the sentiment in Pure Poppy ink. The rectangle is on fun foam for a bit of dimension.

Nothing better than making a Christmas card when it's 98 degrees out!  lol (This card looks better in person - I can't get good lighting today.)

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Seasons Greetings
  • Paper:  PTI Pure Poppy, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy; Versamark
  • Dies:  Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles
  • Other:  PTI Modern Backgrounds Stencils; Zing Embossing Powder; Fun Foam
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

3 comments:

  1. Modern Backgrounds Stencil with the Christmas sentiment is a fun combination! Really like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I just got this stencil a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it yet. Now I want to try gold embossing it like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shine, Lainey! Never thought to use a stencil for this technique, but with how this turned out, I'll definitely "CASE" your idea! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!