Friday, April 14, 2017

Easter Doodad...

It's been a few years since I made an Easter doodad and only did it this year because my friend asked me to make something. I saw these treat boxes on Sam Hammond's blog - she is so talented and creative! You can see her video how to make them here ➼ Long Slender Chocolate Egg Boxes. There are a few steps I added when making my boxes - acetate behind the window and ribbon at the top.

I started with a piece of pattern paper cut to 3.5" x 11" and scored it on the long side at 1/2", 1.25", 9.75" and 10.5", and .75", 1.5", 2.25" and 3" on the short side. Next, using a Tag Trio nestability, I cut out the window in one of the panels and placed a piece of acetate behind it. I thought this would help keep the eggs inside the box and make it look a little more professional. I folded the box, stapled the bottom and filled it with Hershey eggs. Instead of stapling the top, I punched a hole and tied ribbon in a bow.

The sweet bunny is die-cut in white cardstock and the outline stamped in black ink. I stamped the bunny's nose in Raspberry Fizz ink and his cheeks with Lovely Lady ink. The bunny is on foam tape for dimension. The scalloped circles were cut in the coordinating cardstock that matches the pattern paper and Happy Easter is stamped in black ink. The circles are also on foam tape. 


Here's a close-up:

Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI So Sweet, Hippity Hoppity
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Lemon Tart Stripes, Sweet Blush, Plum Pudding, Aqua Mist and Summer Sunrise Bitty Dots
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Lovely Lady; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI So Sweet; Tag Trio Nestability
  • Tools:  1" Circle Punch; 1.25" Scalloped Circle Punch
  • Other:  Ribbon; Acetate; Foam Tape; Candy; Stapler
  • Size:  1" x 11"

1 comment:

  1. OMG, these are absolutely ADORABLE, Lainey. I love the pastel DP's you used and the So Sweet bunny face is the cutest addition. Gotta PIN this lovely project - Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!