Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stamping Outside Of The Box (MIM #280)...


It seems hard to believe another week has gone by and we have a new Make It Monday! Lexi Daly is the host for Make It Monday #280: Stamping Outside Of The Box, where she shows us a few tips on using a box and die-cuts.

I have a few new stamp sets sitting on my desk that haven't been used yet, one is Celebrate Big, a free set offered at the end of last year. And the other is Offbeat Birthday which has some really nice, clever and funny sentiments in it.

Celebrate is die-cut in white cardstock three times and stacked together for a little dimension, with the top layer stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink. For my box, I used a rectangle of Confetti Toss pattern paper, placing it on the left side of the white cardstock card base. I stamped the sentiment underneath in Smokey Shadow ink.

I placed two shades of pink sequins on the card to mimic the bubbles in the pattern paper. This technique is really an easy way to make a quick and fun looking card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Celebrate Big, Offbeat Birthday
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Confetti Toss
  • Ink:  PTI Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow
  • Dies:  PTI Celebrate Big
  • Other:  Pretty Pink Posh Pink Blush, Sweetheart Mix Sequins
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

7 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card Lainey! I think I've only used this stamp set once, but I love your idea using it with the "box"...perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Lainey, I love this one! Just think of the endless color combinations one could use, especially if stamping the box instead of paper. Going to CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Festive fun, Lainey! Love the whole layout of this happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the Raspberry Fizz "Celebrate" diecut stands out against the Confetti Toss DP - and adding the Offbeat Birthday sentiment suits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!