Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Papertrey April 2017 Create Along With Us...


There's no Make It Monday this week because PTI is showcasing products for their April release. We can play along by creating a project that is inspired by something during the release. I'm seeing flowers and pastel colors and that's what I used for my card.

On a piece of white cardstock, I lightly brushed Aqua Mist ink on a Garden Gate stencil to give me the lattice looking background. I placed the panel on a white cardstock card base, layered with Lemon Tart leaves pattern paper.

I die-cut the flower in white cardstock and stamped it with Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss and Lemon Tart inks. I used the Misti so I could get a good, solid stamp color when I added the second layer of flower and leaf accents. The flower is adhered with foam tape for dimension.

The sentiment is stamped in black ink. To finish the flower, I added dots to the Lemon Tart flowers with a thin, black marker and tied white crochet thread around the stem.

I thought this would make a nice Mother's Day card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Brushed Blooms, Signature Greetings
  • Paper:  PTI White Stampers Select, Lemon Tart Leaves
  • Ink:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist; Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies:  PTI Brushed Blooms
  • Tools:  Garden Gate Stencil
  • Other:  Black Marker; Foam Tape; Crochet Thread
  • Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

5 comments:

  1. Love your use of the stencil which appears almost transparent...
    adds a nice layer of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card makes a lovely Mother's Day card! Love the crochet thread bow detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card Lainey! Your soft background is just so pretty and your flowers are gorgeous...a perfect Mother's Day card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lainey, I love this card with colors so soft and subtle. Agree the lightly inked stencil background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!