Thursday, November 30, 2017

Love Of Layers (MIM #305)...


Another week and another challenge! And it's the end of November!! 😳This week Laurie Schmidlin is the host and shows us how to use lots of layers on projects. You can watch her video here ↝ Make It Monday #305: Love Of Layers.

I decided to make a tag for this challenge and started by die-cutting Tag Sale: Quilted in a pattern paper, backed by white cardstock for a bit more support. I also die-cut the tag in Pure Poppy cardstock to use as a backer for the tag which has "to & from" stamped on it.

I cut a 3"x3" square of Pinefeather cardstock, backed it with fun foam and placed it inside the stitching on the tag. The stitched circle is die-cut in white cardstock, the sentiment stamped in Pure Poppy ink and placed on foam tape for additional dimension. The holly leaves are die-cut in white cardstock, stamped with Green Parakeet, New Leaf and Pure Poppy inks and backed with foam tape for even more dimension! It is fun making these multi-level dimensional projects! I added Pure Poppy twill ribbon for the tag tie.

I'm counting 6 layers on this tag: 1) the Pure Poppy back, 2) white cardstock backing the pattern paper, 3) pattern paper, 4) Pinefeather cardstock, 5) white cardstock, 6) holly leaves.😊


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Seasons Greetings, Christmas Critters
  • Paper:  PTI Christmas Prints, Pinefeather, Pure Poppy, White Stampers Select
  • Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, New Leaf
  • Dies:  PTI Tag Sale: Quilted, Christmas Critters; Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles
  • Other:  PTI Pure Poppy Twill Ribbon; Fun Foam; Foam Tape
  • Size:  3.75" x 4.0"

7 comments:

  1. Just viewed Laurie’s video now that our company is gone. You nailed this challenge using six beautiful layers and the perfect sentiment, Lainey. I’m pinning this one for later. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely tag Lainey! Love the sentiment and all the layers...I would have a hard time parting with this tag!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, Lainey! Love the colorful array of layers here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tag...love that you have two base layers (one for writing on)!
    One can never have too many tags this time of the year. ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tag Lainey. Wonderful layers. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and festive Lainey! I love it! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!