Happy November!
I can't believe it's time for another MIM challenge! This week Stephanie Gold is the host for Make It Monday #302: Twine & Ribbon Wraps where she shows us how to use twine and ribbon in a little different way.
I placed a piece of Twig Wreath pattern paper on a white cardstock card base and set it aside. I used the same wreath as Stephanie and die-cut it three times in Dark Chocolate cardstock. I glued them together, slightly staggered, as I wanted it to look like a grapevine twig wreath. I wrapped Aqua Mist twill ribbon around about 3/4 of the wreath and secured it with glue dots to the back. Next, I tied 2 bows in jute twine and adhered the wreath to my card base.
The banner is die-cut in white cardstock and the sentiment stamped in Dark Chocolate ink. I placed the banner on fun foam for dimension.
Card Details:
- Stamps: PTI Pumpkin Patch
- Paper: PTI White Stampers Select, Dark Chocolate, Twig Wreath
- Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate
- Dies: PTI Twig Wreath, Tag Sale: Quilted
- Other: PTI Aqua Mist Twill Ribbon; Fun Foam; Jute Twine
- Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


HI Lainey,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, thanks for your kind comments!
I just love the soft dimension and feel of your card. The way you highlighted the wrap with ribbon instead of twine is brilliant, it really makes the wreath pop against the pretty paper. Gorgeous!
Oh Lainey...this is just perfect! Love how you staggered the 3 layers of the wreath and how beautifully the Aqua Mist ribbon shows up against the brown...lovely, lovely card!! :0)
ReplyDeleteLainey this is just beautiful. Brilliant idea to stagger the dies on the wreath! Cheers.
ReplyDeleteso pretty!! love that you used ribbon to wrap around your wreath!!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the ribbon wrap. I love the color combo!
ReplyDeleteLove your patterned paper and such a nice wreath.
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice color and pattern combo of background paper and the brown wreath. I like how you switched it up and wrapped the ribbon on the wreath. Lovely card!
ReplyDeleteLove the BG paper, Lainey! It looks so pretty with your twine/ribbon wrapped wreath :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful! The extra twine bow on the side is just perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteLainey your wreath is absolutely beautiful with that color ribbon on it. I love the patterned paper too! Beautiful card for MIM
ReplyDeleteOoh, Lainey, I love this design and color scheme! Your wrapped wreath and twine bow look so sophisticated. Thanks again for the stamp! I owe you a favor. 😉
ReplyDelete