Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Doodad

My friend Jill sent me a box she made for Easter filled with jelly beans and I knew right then that I was going to use the same idea for Halloween.

To create the box, I used white cardstock purchased from Joanns - this cardstock is very sturdy and a good choice to make these boxes.  Using the scor-pal, I scored and folded the boxes.  Before putting them together, I cut pattern paper for all 4 sides, then adhered the box with scor-tape.  

I stamped the sentiment on white rectangles die-cut with nestabilities and attached it to the box with foam tape.  I filled the boxes with assorted candy in a cellophane bag and tied it with ribbon.  At the last minute I decided to add Halloween twine around the bottom of the box.  I made 36 of these using assorted pattern papers.  The boxes were really quick and fun to make!

I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of the boxes so a special thanks to my mom for snapping pictures of them with her iPad!!


Project Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Trick or Treat
  • Paper:  DCWV, Colorbox, The Paper Company
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Tools:  Scor-pal; Standard Rectangle Nestabilities
  • Other: Twine; Ribbon; Cellophane Bags; Foam Tape; Candy
  • Project Size:  2.0" x 3.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!