Monday, October 27, 2014

When Black Cats Prowl....

I don't know why I liked this stamp set so much, maybe it was the variety of cats that came with it.  But creeping, black cats certainly scream Halloween to me!

I started with a Kraft cardstock card base, rounding the corners and adding a strip of purple along the spine.  I die-cut the fence in Fine Linen cardstock and stamped the cat on top of it in black ink.  I stamped the cat in the pumpkin, adding the little spiders along side of it.  Instead of adding a standard "happy Halloween", I stamped a wordy sentiment in the corner.

The stars are heat embossed in white Zing to add a little texture to the card.  I tied Mandarin twine around the spine and added glitter to the cats and pumpkin to complete the card.

Card Details:
  • Stamps:  PTI Superstition, Mailbox Greetings
  • Paper:  PTI Kraft, Winter Wisteria, Fine Linen
  • Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Grape Jelly; Versamark
  • Tools:  PTI Picket Fence Die; Heat Embossing Tool; Corner Rounder
  • Other:  Twine; Zing Embossing Powder; Glitter
  • Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!